Herbert Park Hotel Dublin Green Policy
Herbert Park Hotel has been awarded Eco-Label by Green Hospitality Award.
This means that the Hotel has successfully met with the specified criteria of Green Hospitality Award and has been assessed to receive the Eco-Label Award.
Environmental Management Policy, Objectives and Targets
We recognise that our business has an important role to play in protecting and enhancing the environment for future generations and to help secure the long-term sustainability of the tourism industry. Herbert Park Hotel is committed to taking the following actions;
- To achieve sound environmental practices across our entire operation
- To comply fully with all relevant legislation
- To produce an annual Environmental Plan setting out our objectives, targets and planned actions
- To minimise our waste and reduce our water and energy consumption where possible
- To reduce, reuse and recycle the resources consumed by our business wherever practical
- To help increase awareness with regards to protecting the environment and to support our staff, customers and suppliers in doing so
- To provide all employees with the training and resources required to meet these green objectives
- To communicate our policies and practices to interested parties
- To monitor and record our environmental impacts on a regular basis and compare our performance against our policies, objectives and targets
MAJOR TARGETS & OBJECTIVES
To reduce our energy consumption by 15% and reduce Carbon Emissions by 2 tonnes.
To reduce consumption of mains Water by 17%
To reduce the waste we send to landfill by 35%
To engage with our suppliers to reduce packaging by 25%
To continue sourcing the highest quality of local and national raw materials, supporting small businesses as much as possible
COMMUNITY SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
To communicate periodically our performance and achievements through the Hotel Website and Staff Forum.
To supply information to our guests on how to reduce their carbon footprint while in the Hotel.
What our guests can do?
In each hotel bedroom we provide guests with the option of participating in our ongoing environmental policy by placing the towels that do not need laundering on the racks and rails in the bathroom. Guests' keycards are required to activate electricity in the bedroom.
At Herbert Park Hotel all our fresh meat and the majority of our seafood are of traceable Irish origin and sourced from the highest quality Irish suppliers.
Please feel free to send in your ideas of how we can make Herbert Park Hotel a 'greener' hotel.
Contact Us with your suggestions.